Darren was the youngest Bowie State University graduate elected to the Maryland General Assembly where he assisted in passing key legislation that brought millions of dollars of funding and improvements to BSU and provided thousands of dollars in scholarships to Bowie State students. Darren worked to usher in the eventual occupation of the Goodloe Alumni House by the Office of Alumni Relations and the BSUNAA. This fulfilled a contractual and agreed upon the commitment that represented the University’s “Thank You” to BSUNAA for initiating the process and raising the University’s portion of the required funds to acquire the Goodloe Alumni House. He also raised thousands of dollars for the BSU Foundation, encouraging alumni and friends of BSU to establish numerous “Endowed” scholarships that will forever benefit our students.
- Contributed well over $15k of his own funds directly to the BSU Foundation/BSUNAA
- Solicited record amounts of funds at various BSUNAA Gala events in support of Scholarships
- Leveraged personal relationships to establish events/investment opportunities to benefit BSU (Bowie Town Center/Macy’s Parade …. White & Wine Music and Entertainment Festival)
One Bulldog Nation Forward
- Work with the Board of Directors and Chapters to review and established a streamlined and effective advancement apparatus to better document and celebrate Bulldog Nation Giving/Investment in BSUNAA
- Identify and enhance community partnership opportunities that bring benefit and value to BSUNAA Membership
- Work with the Bulldog Nation and our partners to establish the “One Bulldog Nation Fund” that will usher in a new era of committed giving to establish a “Legacy Facility” to house and accommodate Alumni events and activities